One of the best things about WordPress is its plugins. Not only is there a plugin (or more likely ten) for practically anything you would ever need your website to do, but there are new plugins being launched every single day.
And, since trial and error is the best path to perfection, the latest plugins are especially impressive.
With smarter functions and more seamless integration, this latest batch of plugins to be released is not only turning heads – but it’s converting more and more people to the WordPress fandom.
The following list contains twenty of our favorite WordPress plugins as of December 2018. We picked these as our favorites right now because of their functionality, their ability to solve a problem, and the ease of integration with WordPress websites.
Ready to dive in? Awesome.
Here are the Twenty Best WordPress Plugins for December 2018:
- MonsterInsights : A great WordPress plugin for users wanting to better track their Google Analytics, MonsterInsights lets you seamlessly integrate your website with Google Analytics, giving you real data about who’s on your website, what they’re looking at, and how long they’re staying. For any business looking to optimize their website or marketing strategy for 2019, MonsterInsights is a great place to start. And, if you’re just wanting to see how it works, you can use a free version to get started.
- WooCommerce : Ready to start selling on your WordPress website? The WooCommerce plugin is proving to be incredibly effective. One of the hottest plugins for all of 2018, WooCommerce is now behind nearly ⅓ of all E-Commerce websites online. Why is it so popular? It makes selling products to customers from every corner of the world simple. And, thanks to its vast extension library, there are plenty of ways to customize your store. Incredibly agile, WooCommerce plays nice with most other extensions and plugins. And, because it’s simple to install and setup, you can get selling fast.
- Pretty Links : Hate that your links to your pages are super long? Pretty Links is the plugin that can fix that. By taking any page link and converting it into a shorter, cleaner (alright, prettier) link, you can make it easy for people to find your pages. Rather than copying and pasting a long link (such as an affiliate link) into a post or ad, Pretty Links gives you the ability to make your link part of your advertising – and without losing any of the link tracking functions.
- UberMenu : For restaurants that operate on WordPress sites, there might not be any plugin cooler than UberMenu right now. Not only does it allow the online menu to become interactive, but it allows for a flexible layout that is responsive for mobile devices, too. Thanks to its in-depth customization options, UberMenu is allowing restaurants to drive more traffic and more sales. One of the best features is its visual animations, which take your boring menu into something that’s truly engaging.
- Yoast SEO : Perennially popular, we’re loving Yoast SEO right now because of how well it’s working – especially with Google. Not only does it give you the ability to add important SEO information, like meta tags, but it goes above and beyond by optimizing your whole site. Just installing the plugin on your site can help your website rank better (talk about hands-off marketing!). There is a great free version option, as well as a more robust $69/month premium option available.
- Broken Link Checker : Everything the name implies, the Broken Link Checker plugin is important for website optimization and overall user experience. The plugin will alert you to any broken links on your website so that you stay on top of any potential 404 errors. If you don’t know, having a 404 page or broken link on your website can result in major penalties from search engines. When you install Broken Link Checker, you receive notifications right on your WordPress dashboard, which means that you don’t even have to remember to check.
- Optimole : Images improve your website’s SEO. But, if your images aren’t optimized, they can actually end up doing more harm than good. The Optimole plugin helps to solve that problem by analyzing any image you upload to WordPress and then immediately improving them for optimal performance. And, not only will Optimole take a look at all of the images you are currently uploading, but it will also examine previous images, optimizing them for your website. The result? Faster loading pages and improved rankings with search engines.
- AffiliateWP : Simple to use, the AffiliateWP plugin makes it easy to create affiliate links, which gives you the power to leverage other people to help grow your business. Recent improvements are helping this plugin integrate more easily with your WordPress dashboard so that you can keep track of campaigns and reports in real time. Capable of handling almost any kind of affiliate method your business is using, AffiliateWP even works with local coupon tracking. And, when it’s time to payout your affiliates, you can use PayPal to make those payments with just one click.
- MailPoet Newsletters : Most businesses know the importance of emails, but very few have the time or means to make regular email communication with lists happen. That’s where MailPoet Newsletters comes in. A smart plugin that allows you to write emails to your list right from your WordPress dashboard, MailPoet Newsletters puts everything you need in one place so that you can communicate faster and easier than ever. This plugin also collects email addresses for you, eliminating the need to have another separate method for email capture. And, thanks to its attractive templates, you can build beautiful newsletters right on your WordPress dashboard.
- LearnDash : This WordPress plugin allows you to design and market online courses directly from your WordPress website. Easy to use, that eCourse you’ve been wanting to create could be ready faster than you imagined. Featuring a “drag and drop” design, LearnDash makes creating lessons, quizzes, and assignments simple.
- Wordfence Security : One of the most popular ways to protect WordPress websites from attacks, the Wordfence Security plugin can defend your website against a variety of online threats, blocking them thanks to constant website monitoring. Furthermore, Wordfence gives you the ability to blacklist and whitelist threatening IP addresses and users, even blocking entire countries altogether if necessary.
- CoSchedule : If your WordPress website relies on regularly published content, CoSchedule is a great plugin for you. Providing an attractive editorial calendar, CoSchedule lets you plan and assign articles and blogs to writers on your team, as well as collaborators. By designing an easy way to manage and schedule your content strategy, this plugin makes online collaboration easy – no extra tools required.
- Cook Pro : WordPress foodies, rejoice. The Cook Pro plugin is here to help you publish your recipes in an attractive way on your blog. Choose from different styles and where you want your recipe to show up in order to transform your website from hobby to pro. And, not only does the Cook Pro plugin help you publish recipes, but it also helps you sort them on your website, allowing your visitors to explore recipes that have been recently added, top rated, or favorited. The built-in search feature also allows your visitors to easily search for recipes you’ve published.
- NextGEN Gallery : The way your images look on your website matters. NextGEN Gallery makes them look better. A smart plugin for any WordPress website that relies heavily on images (or cares about design), NextGEN Gallery gives you a variety of ways to display your images and manage your media. With plenty of room for customization, this plugin is a great way to create a gallery you love – and that works with your overall website design.
- RoyalSlider : A premium WordPress plugin, RoyalSlider allows you to put a slider on your website without weighing it down, which means that you don’t have to struggle with slow load times or sliders that don’t move. And, RoyalSlider does more than just images; thanks to its latest updates, this plugin allows you to place videos (YouTube and Vimeo) directly into your slider for an even more interactive experience. Choose to display featured posts, banner ads, or latest videos on any page of your website.
- Restrict Content Pro : A great plugin for websites that feature protected content and other types of upsells, Restrict Content Pro is packed with ways to help ensure that only the people you want are seeing membership content. Easy to install and intuitive to use, you can keep track of who still has access to the content and who doesn’t. And, when a membership is about to expire, Restrict Content Pro can accept credit card payments to keep them up-to-date. Other features include being able to export data about members into a CSV file and the capacity to create unlimited packages at any price point you want.
- Quick and Easy FAQs : Every new website is going to come across the need for a FAQ page. But, creating a quality FAQ page isn’t always easy. That’s why Quick and Easy FAQs plugin is helpful. This WordPress plugin allows you to create a new page to handle your FAQs, which will increase your sales and eliminate the need to have customer service answer the same questions over and over again.
- CSS Hero : Learning how to code with CSS for WordPress websites is time consuming. In fact, it’s a full-time job for a lot of people. But, in order to customize your WordPress site, you need to be able to manage and understand CSS. The solution? CSS Hero is a smart plugin that basically acts as a translator between you and CSS code. Capable of customizing any element on your site, CSS Hero is the best way to make the most out of your website – and your time.
- Gravity Forms : Need to create an online form on your website? The Gravity Forms plugin is one of the best solutions you’ll find if you have a WordPress site. Flexible and easy-to-customize, Gravity Forms allow you to ask the questions you need right on your website – just drag and drop. With zero coding required, you can add a custom form to any page of your site. Other features include limiting form entries and delayed form display.
- Beaver Builder : Creating a landing page is a smart way to help increase engagement and conversions on your website. But, building a landing page isn’t simple. Not only does it require code, but it requires a proven template to make sure it does its job. Beaver Builder helps by allowing you to create landing pages on attractive layouts just with a simple drag and drop operation. Its simple user interface makes working with the plugin fast and easy.
2019 is sure to bring lots of new and exciting WordPress plugins into focus.
And, while we can’t wait to see what they can do, we’re confident that these twenty plugins will stand the test of time – at least for the near future.
So, if you want to make your WordPress website even more incredible, installing any of these twenty plugins is a great place to get started.
What are you waiting for?