There are a lot of reasons for a business or individual to use WordPress.
First and foremost, however, is that WordPress offers the widest variety of versatile themes on the market. No matter the purpose of your website, you can find a WordPress theme to meet your needs. And, if you decide you want to change things up after a year or so, WordPress themes are generally easy to switch.
Here, we are going to discuss 18 of the best WordPress Themes we’ve found in 2019 – so far. The themes you’ll find here are made for online magazines, photography pages, online shops, blogs, newspapers and more!
We hope that as you browse through them, you find some inspiration for your own website – maybe you’ll even find it’s time for an upgrade.
Ready to get started? Let’s go!
The 18 Best WordPress Themes For January 2019
- BeTheme : For a long time, BeTheme has been one of the most popular WordPress Themes available to web designers and business owners. The versatility of BeTheme is nearly incomparable to other themes and offers site owners the opportunity to truly make their website their own. It’s true that among many other things, the theme can also be used for WooCommerce. When you choose to use BeTheme for your website, you get the opportunity to work with over 400 pre-built websites. And, likely, among those you’ll find one that works perfectly for you!
- Flatsome : If you’re looking for a responsive, inclusive, WooCommerce WordPress Theme, then Flatsome might just be the one for you. In the past, many people have found great success using Flatsome for their personal portfolio, online shops and freelancing business. The drag and drop design of Flatsome makes it a theme that everyone can use, no matter their level of WordPress expertise. What we love most about the theme, however, is the opportunity it gives for a site to draw users in through beautiful graphics and bold text. Flatsome is truly a theme anyone can love.
- Float : For a theme with a limited amount of muss and fuss, Float is a go-to. This theme is typically used for WooCommerce sites and provides a sense of ease and freedom to online shopping. A basic background, bold pictures and space for simple content allow for shoppers to easily find the goods and services they’re looking for without becoming distracted. Likewise, this theme allows your products to truly shine. Float is also versatile in the way it allows site owners to choose between header designs, animations and vector art to make the website their own. If you’re looking for a WooCommerce WordPress Theme, this is definitely one to try!
- Zeen : Creative people with creative websites love using the Zeen Theme to showcase their work online. Zeen is a minimalist magazine theme that showcases the work of artists, writers and journalism professionals in a manner that makes it attractive to everyone who visits the site. Depending on the needs of your site, Zeen has many different layout options you can browse to find which is best for you. Whether you’re a first time WordPress user or you have built hundreds of WordPress sites, Zeen is easy to use and quick to learn.
- Moesia : Although it’s a rather basic theme, Moesia made our list of 18 best WordPress Themes for January 2019 because it’s perfect for a business looking to build a presence online for the first time. With multiple layout options Moesia provides, there are also pre-constructed color themes and animations. This feature limits the number of decision a site owner (especially one who’s new to WordPress) will have to make, helping to ensure the website comes out looking clean and professional. However, the theme also gives the options to customize the header, menu and featured images so you can feel like the site is one-of-a-kind and reflects your brand.
- Writers : Believe it or not, even in a culture of “non-readers,” blogs are still hot and on top online. And, for those people looking to showcase their writing through a website, Writers is the perfect WordPress Theme to go with. By using Writers, site owners have the ability to highlight their most recent, most popular or most lucrative blogs on the homepage. Although the look and feel of Writers can be easily customized, it generally offers a minimalist design that’s easy on the eyes for those who are just looking to go online and read great content. Oh, and as a bonus for site owners, the theme is optimized for SEO so you can get your work in front of people much more easily.
- Edge : Edge is a WordPress Theme designed for use by bloggers of all niches. Inside the theme, there are options to use multiple different fonts, color schemes, and widgets. Sidebars and menu options also come in handy for making the site completely your own. If you opt to use Edge as a WordPress Theme, you should be prepared with professional quality images to showcase in the main page imagery and navigation options. The theme is also optimized for translation making it the perfect option for bloggers anywhere in the world, not just English-speaking countries!
- Mustache : Right now, one-page layouts are all the rage in website design, and if you’re looking for a one-page WordPress layout look no further than Mustache. Mustache was designed with literally everyone in mind and is the perfect theme for individuals looking to showcase their portfolio, corporations looking to build an online presence or charities seeking a way to further their cause. Easily customizable with Google fonts, color schemes and sidebars, Mustache is a theme that can become unique to your business with just a few clicks. To be on top of the latest online trends with your next site, definitely check this theme out.
- PenNews : Drag and drop your way to online greatness with the PenNews WordPress Theme. This theme easily makes our list of 18 best WordPress Themes for January 2019 because it’s easy to use for both site builders and site visitors. Although the theme was designed with news websites and newspapers in mind, many users have found that the theme can be used for nearly any purpose. When you choose to use PenNews, you’ll find that there is no coding or HTML knowledge required for you to make it your own. Simply drag and drop and you will be done!
- Shop Isle : WooCommerce Themes are plenty in the world of website design, but one WordPress WooCommerce Theme we are particularly fond of is Shop Isle. Shop Isle is designed to give online shops a beautiful, simple layout they can use to sell their products easily to online shoppers. With the Shop Isle theme, a blog can also easily be incorporated into your site which helps greatly with SEO and online marketing purposes. We can almost guarantee that if you give Shop Isle a try, you’ll also find it’s a WordPress Theme worth bragging about.
- Portfolio Lite : Completely modern and stunningly professional, Portfolio Lite is a WordPress Theme used mostly by photographers, bloggers, artists and other creatives. One of the best features of Portfolio Lite, in our opinion, is the fact that it truly gives creatives a perfect outlet to showcase their work right from the homepage. Not only does the large space for graphics work perfectly for photographers and other visual artists, but the widgets on the homepage also make it possible to easily showcase written work. Easily customizable with different layouts and sidebar options, this theme is easily one of the best available online.
- Aesthetic : Aesthetic is more of a specific theme than other WordPress themes available online. Designed specifically for fashion blogs, Aesthetic is perfect for the purpose. Aesthetic offers space on every page for bright pictures that highlight the subject of the blog as well as room for written content. Together these two elements create a well-balanced fashion blog website that allows visitors to browse through taking in each piece. With the theme there are multiple sliders included as well as support in case you have difficulty with the layout.
- Intact : For a WordPress Theme that makes you go “whoa” check out Intact! This highly versatile theme allows for shop owners, corporations, personal bloggers, agencies and startups alike to have the best chance at a professional looking, high-quality website. In order to make that possible, Intact has multiple different layouts and features that can be customized to fit the look of your brand – whether it’s personal or professional. As a bonus, the theme even comes with pre-installed plugins to save you money and make building the perfect website easier.
- Mr. Tailor : Easy to install, hassle-free and impeccably designed, Mr. Tailor is a WordPress Theme dream come true. When you download Mr. Tailor, you can visually build your page, which means you don’t need to know anything about HTML or coding. Before downloading, however, you need to know that Mr. Tailor is a highly visual WordPress Theme and therefore you should be prepared with professional quality photos to upload. If you have those, your website will come out looking like a dream with this theme – without a doubt!
- June : June is a high-quality, responsive website theme designed for online shops. As a WooCommerce WordPress Theme, June makes it simple for site owners to build a website that they can easily market and sell their products through. The theme is exceptionally modern and attractive with multiple built-in animations that make it especially user-friendly for site visitors. Choose from a variety of shop page layouts, home page designs and menu options to make the shop work best for you and your business. There is even the option for lookbooks and portfolios. It doesn’t get any better than that!
- Pofo : A WordPress Theme that creatives can get on board with, Pofo is uniquely designed to bring the work of artists and other talented individuals to life. Choose from a variety of different color scheme options and layouts for the homepage and portfolio page. Within the theme, there’s also the option to host a blog and display a portfolio. And, for those of you who aren’t website building experts, with Pofo, you can put together the website of your dreams by dragging and dropping items into place. Easy and attractive – who could ask for more?
- Bimber : Bimber comes in a light mode and a dark mode and is the #1 best selling viral magazine theme on the internet. Easily embed links, showcase articles and highlight popular videos through the responsive layout offered within this popular WordPress Theme. Recently updated, this theme is ready to go right now and will help you create a website that’ll keep visitors coming back for more. Just a word to the wise, however, if you choose this theme, you’ll want to have a lot of content ready to go!
- Yosemite Lite : Built for personal blogs, Yosemite Lite is an absolutely brilliant WordPress Theme with a beautiful design. Equipped with a custom menu editor, featured images, sticky posts and threaded comments, this theme is able to assist you in building a fully-functional, customizable blog that works for your needs. Overall, this theme is minimalist in design, but that doesn’t stop it from standing out. You can choose from a variety of fonts and color schemes to make it completely your own.
Now you know the 18 best WordPress themes for January 2019 it’s time to get started building your own website to be one of the best! As you can see from these themes, building a fantastic website doesn’t have to be hard.
Most likely, you just need the right theme, a little bit of guidance and a vision of what you want your website to be.