Looking for instructions in how to convert Font File to a Webkit AND install that Webkit?
Look no further — we’ve got you covered.
Converting the File to a Webkit
- Download a font to get the OTF or TTF file.
- Visit – transfonter.org
- Click Add font(s).
- Leave “Family support” checked on and other 3 options off.
- Select TTF, WOFF, EOT and WOFF2 formats.
- Click “Covert.”
Installation of Webkit
- Open up FileZilla.
- Create a new site or log into the existing site you want to add the webkit to.
- Navigate to /wp-content.
- Inside /wp-content, create a new folder called “fonts.”
- Place the webkit file (extracted file, not compressed/zip file) into the “fonts” folder.
Should look something like: /wp-content/fonts/fontnamehere.eot
- In the backend of your site, copy the CSS code from the .css file in your webkit, paste the CSS into the theme editor.
- Add the proper filename path in front of the src url and url links. Example: src: url(‘/wp-content/fonts/fontnamehere.eot’);
- Create your class/classes to pull in the font-family.
Finally, add the class that you created to the elements you want to be the specific font :)