In this article, we are going to highlight the top technology events that will be happening in and around the Washington, D.C., area in 2020. These include the most prominent cybersecurity, digital marketing, web development, web design, AI, and emerging technology events.
Events that cater to startups are also featured below.
- October 23rd-24th, 2020
- This conference will highlight the history of PHP over the last 25 years. It will feature panel discussions, anniversary panels, and more. This will be a truly historic PHP conference.
- June 25th-26th, 2020
- Accelerate “Tech Intensity” at the #ShiftHappens conference this year. This is for CTOs, public-sector employees, and IT specialists who would like to get the most out of their SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365 investments by getting properly informed.
- September 1st-2nd, 2020
- This conference will feature 40+ sessions from experts at companies like National Geographic, LinkedIn, and Bit.ly. Topics covered include social media, email, content marketing, digital strategy, mobile, video, SEO, and UX design.
- September 15th, 2020
- This event will focus on cybersecurity and how it relates to the blockchain, artificial intelligence, and other emerging innovations. Kristen Davies, SVP & CISO at Estée Lauder Companies, Alissa Abdullah, SVP of Cybersecurity Technology at Mastercard, and other excellent speakers will be headlining the event.
- October 5th-8th, 2020
- VOICE Summit is a conference that will feature fun, networking, and a lot of content. There will be amazing workshops at this year’s biggest “voice tech” conference. It seeks to bring the conversational design community together.
- October 6th, 2020
- This event focuses on the innovation that technology executives must be aware of in a fast-changing economic landscape. It also will focus on the leadership skills that are required to execute winning strategies in your organization. This event features the Chief Digital Officer of Under Armour, Paul Fipps, the Chief Technology Officer of Allstate, Chris Gates, the CTO of CarMax, Shamim Mohammad, and many more excellent speakers.
- October 19th-24th, 2020
- DC CyberWeek is the nation’s biggest cybersecurity festival. It is a SXSW-style citywide festival. Cybersecurity leaders discuss the best ways to collaborate, the best practices, and the best ways to achieve common goals.
As you can see, no matter what your focus is, there are some amazing technology events for you to attend in 2020. We hope this list has been helpful to you. The presence of these events proves that the Washington, D.C., area is quickly becoming a hotbed for science and technology. We anticipate that in the coming years, there will continue to be more excellent events to attend like this in the D.C. area.