Over the years , we’ve gotten a lot of questions about WordPress – and we love them! As specialists in the industry, we really do enjoy offering WordPress help to businesses and individuals who are considering building a website or looking to improve their current site. And, while we get a new question every day, there are several that we hear again and again.
Below, you’ll find five of our top WordPress frequently asked questions – and the answers we provide. Of course, don’t let this deter you from giving us a call – we love talking WordPress all day, every day!
- How Do I Get Started with a WordPress Site? This question is a big one and, to be honest, there are thousands of different answers to it. There are plenty of designers and businesses that work with the WordPress platform and who can help you with any, or all, of your design and development needs. There are also free and paid templates you can download yourself for a DIY site. And, while all of these options will (most likely) give you a functioning site, there’s a reason why we’re in business (and why our client list continues to grow). Building a professional-looking WordPress site isn’t easy. Adding all of the features you want and customizing each page is much harder than any online tutorial or forum post will make it look. If you’re serious about creating a WordPress website for your brand or your business, then the best way to get started is to work with our team at FreshySites. We won’t just do part of your development – we’ll take care of the entire process, allowing you to focus on the parts of your business you’re really good at (not trying to learn something brand new, like web design, on top of it).
- How Do I Make Money with a WordPress Site? Brilliant question! If you’re a business already, the immediate answer is pretty straightforward – sell your products! But, in addition to selling products online through an eCommerce platform, like WordPress WooCommerce, there are countless of other ways to monetize your website. Below is an incredibly short, far from exhaustive list of some of our favorite money-makers to get you started:
Pay Per Click (PPC) Ads
Sponsored Blog Posts
- Is WordPress Only Good for Blogging? Back in the day, WordPress was synonymous with blogs. And it is still the go-to platform for blogs or content-based websites. But, it has also grown to be so much more. Huge websites, like Disney, Facebook, and even Snoop Dogg’s personal site, all use WordPress. So much more than just content management, WordPress offers a full-range of services and an intensive application framework that allows you to do virtually anything you want online. Don’t believe us? Check out the FreshySites portfolio of clients and featured sites on our website to get an idea of how diverse the WordPress community really is.
- What Are WordPress Plugins? If you’re new to WordPress, it’s likely that you are confused as to what plugins are exactly. The best way to think about them is like apps for your phone – but for your website. Just like you can download and install apps in order to customize your phone, plugins do just the same. If you want different or unique features for your website, plugins are a great place to start. Of course, even the best plugin can only get you so far. In order to unlock endless plugin potential (and to make sure you don’t break anything on your website in the process), you need to enlist the help of WordPress pros. Working with professionals can help you navigate the constantly expanding world of plugins (a lot of them you’ll find on your own really aren’t that great), helping you choose the right ones and installing and adjusting them so that they show up where you want and doing what you want them to do. Think of our team at FreshySites as your plugin pals.
- Which Theme Should I Use on My WordPress Website? Choosing the right theme is kind of like choosing the right name for a baby – it’s a big deal. Just as a name can make or break first impressions, a theme will determine how your website is immediately perceived. And, once your audience spends some time on your website, your theme will dictate their overall experience as well. Like plugins, there are thousands of themes to choose from. And, also like plugins, they can range from delightful to dismal. One of the benefits of working with experts at FreshySites is that you can bypass the entire theme shopping portion of website design and get back to business. Sure, we’ll give you options to choose from after we get to know your style and needs. But you’ll never have to worry about a theme we implement not looking awesome – or straight up not working.
Have more questions or need more WordPress help? Consider working with a team like FreshySites for your new website build or redesign. We’re full-service experts, which means we’ll take care of all your website’s needs, offering you the guidance and advice you really need to bypass any major website catastrophes. Because DIY, in our opinion, should only be something you do on the weekends – and preferably with yarn.